On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 05:19:33PM EDT, Yakov Lerner wrote:
> On 7/21/06, cga2000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[..]

> I think the easiest apporach is to craete mappings.
> You could use ctrl-(a-z), ctrl-shift(a-z), ctrl-alt-(a-z),
> then f1-f12 + ctrl/alt/del combinations.

Thanks, but not for me.. I touch type and as a result Tony's solution
is much preferable than key combos.

> Linux has a keyboard mode where ' is used to
> modify letters to create diactitics. This works for
> all X applications, not just vim.

I have used the Compose key in the past - usually mapped to menu.. I
think I remapped it to the Windows key on this laptop at one point but
I wasn't aware of this X keyboard mode.

Thanks

cga