Arn wrote:
Hi,

Any suggestions on keys/key combos that are good candidates for custom mappings etc?

Maybe a dumb question but I hate having to unlearn something, I'd like to create a fair number of mappings that use a consistent convention and won't conflict with anything existing. I think Bram mentioned he's found prefixing with _ works well..

thanks

F2 to F12 (with the possible exception of F10), Shift-F1 to Shift-F12. As many keys as the Great Arcana of a Tarot deck ;-) Need more? Use some of them as prefixes for multikey {lhs}es.

On my Linux/kde system, the window manager preempts Ctrl-Fn and Alt-Fn so those are not usable for Vim.

The chief cause of problems is solutions.