Reply to message «google summer of code»,
sent 21:34:07 08 March 2011, Tuesday
by Anurag Priyam:

> * Improving the signs implementation. Different scripts can use same
> sign id by accident. So this is a design flaw. Also, signs which don't
> move if you add lines. (Eg for breakpoints when using php xdebug ...)
> Maybe one can get this done using events as well but its less optimal.
There are lots of places where plugins may use same id by accident (functions,
mappings, variables, ...). There is another point: I was going to add signs
support to my format.vim plugin, but the following facts stopped me:
1. signs are accessible only with commands;
2. command output (which I may parse) is translated;
3. v:lang variable value is system-dependent.

Another suggestion for GSoC: make vim able to differentiate between <CR> and
<C-m> and make it possible to map something like <C-Tab> at least in GUI (these
features are discussed on vim-dev now, see the long «Dear Bram» thread).