On 8 March 2011 19:34, Anurag Priyam <anurag08pri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some ideas (most of them copied from Marc's email with slight editing)
> that might serve a GSoC:

I would like to propose a feature that was discussed here about a year ago.
An excerpt from todo.txt which describes it:

8   Use a mechanism similar to omni completion to figure out the kind of tab
    for CTRL-] and jump to the appropriate matching tag (if there are
    several).
    Alternative: be able to define a function that takes the tag name and uses
    taglist() to find the right location.  With indication of using CTRL-] so
    that the context can be taken into account. (Robert Webb)

I did some development then. The feature together with VimL code from
Robert Webb has been a great improvement during my work since then.

However, I ceased the development when I discovered I would need to make
significant modifications to existing Vim code which would probably prevent
the patch from being accepted upstream. I think with a blessing from Bram
Vim could benefit from smart tagging.

If this feature gets accepted and anyone is interested in working on it,
I would be happy to become a mentor.

--
Cheers,
Lech