Ben Schmidt wrote:
> Just to clarify, I don't mean that it's working for end
> users; I just mean it looks to me like the server is
> responding correctly, so if our DNS admin agrees to make the
> change outlined above, things should go smoothly.

Here is a rehash from the August 2010 thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/36b81acf60548c20

I pointed out that it is a simple DNS issue, and gave some
examples of Sourceforge sites that have chosen to add an
A record for the domain (vim.org for us) in their DNS.

Also, anyone can browse http://vim.org/ ok if they put the
following in their hosts file:

216.34.181.97 vim.org

Searching the above thread for "This is by design" shows the
response from the vim.org DNS manager. Unless we double their
pay, I don't think we should expect a change of mind.

My purpose for posting is to say that no web redirect service is
needed, and I still think that it is not advisable to disturb a
very reliable DNS service.

John