Ben Schmidt wrote:
> Turns out you're right, John, though I couldn't find any
> actual evidence in your mail or the thread you cited to prove it. :-)
>
> However, this page does prove it:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Custom%20VHOSTs

Interesting docs, thanks. BTW while in general defining an A
record for vim.org would not be sufficient when several websites
are hosted at the one IP address, the fact that putting the
entry that I showed in your hosts file works does prove that
adding the DNS A record would work (although of course it is
ideal to know that Sourceforge support that, and it will work in
the future).

I suggest you try Bram, and see if he wants to ask for the
change. I'm still in "let sleeping dogs lie" camp.

John