On Jan 25, 7:37 pm, Tony Mechelynck
<antoine.mechely...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/01/09 18:35, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
> [...]

> > And yes, the "standard" terminal color shades are ugly.
> > Probably they were chosen to provide shades which were as
> > orthogonal as possible between them, don't know :? But they
> > are mostly useless for syntax highlighting. Fortunately the
> > 256 colors available for terminals provide good shades. They
> > fit a bit better IMHO with a black background, but I find a
> > white (or better, a light) background better because I focus
> > better (greater depth of field with my iris a bit more
> > closed).

> The ones I dislike most (at least in my konsole terminal) are
> "dark red" and "dark yellow", which are two shades of some
> kind of brown.

But who uses the defaults?  (I'm not even sure what they are.)
The actual colors can be anything you want; they're determined
by the X resources, e.g.:
    xterm.vt100.color0: #666666
in your .Xdefaults file.  Or you can specify them explicitly
using the -xrm option when invoking xterm.

--
James Kanze (GABI Software)             email:james.ka...@gmail.com