on 11/30/03 12:58 AM, Angus Morrison at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Which is the superior machine, a IIsi or an LCIII?
>
> How do I get an Apple Multiple Scan 15 to work with a IIsi?
>
> TIA

Because of the lack of memory-chip room, and the absence of easily found
acceleration, the LC III, although a little faster, tops out way too
easily without enough room for enhancement.

(IT WAS, asfter all a Low Cost Mac).

The IIci, although initially slower, can be enhanced farther. More RAM can
be added, up to 128 MB if you buy eight 8MB sticks of 30 pin memory, an
easily available cache card that boosts performance by about 20 percent,
or a Daystar Turbo Cache with a 68040/33 or 68030/50 CPU.

To overcome the MultiScan issue, the right Nubus video card is added to
one of the three available slots.

Still an amazing Mac 14 years after it's introduction.

Jeff