on 11/30/03 9:34 AM, Mark Benson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2003, at 04:45 pm, J.S. Garrison wrote:
>
>> Because of the lack of memory-chip room, and the absence of easily
>> found
>> acceleration, the LC III, although a little faster, tops out way too
>> easily without enough room for enhancement.
>>
>> (IT WAS, asfter all a Low Cost Mac).
>>
>> The IIci
>
> <snip>
>
> Jeff I think you have picked up someone else's reading glasses ;-)
>
> I agree the IIci is a great machine and way better than an LCIII, but
> he asked about the IIsi, which really isn't all that much better than
> the LCIII.

No, it's the "just-got-up-no-coffee" problem. :^P

OK, I just gave the IIci a shot in the arm, now I can say, after two 40 oz.
cups of coffee, =^)

The IIsi has my vote, only slightly edging out the LC III. Why? More RAM.
The LC III tops at ten, the IIsi goes to 33 megs with two 16's, one meg
on board.

And, with that spiffy angle adapter, you put in the Daystars I mentioned
for the IIci. 68040/40 or 68030/50.

Makes a "fat" pizza. And runs pretty well.

Fully Coffee'd and Ready to Read....

JEff