At 02:08 PM 12/1/2003 -0800, you wrote:
At 06:59 PM 11/30/2003 +0000, you wrote:

On Nov 30, 2003, at 02:48 pm, Scott Holder wrote:

They both have their ups and downs. LCIII is 25 or 33mhz 68030 to the IIsi's 20mhz. There are somewhat more interesting expansion options for a IIsi, and a higher memory capacity. All up to what you need.

The LCIII is faster (25 or 33MHz) and more compact, takes one 72-pin SIMM (up to 32MB, making 36MB in total) and is a piece of cake to work in/on.

LCIII will take a 64MB chip if it is built correctly.

I should mention that I used to keep an LCIII around just for the purpose of checking the size of 72 pin Ram chips since there is only one slot and it boots mighty Quick!

No I don't have the LCIII with the 64MB of Ram anymore... ;-(

I now use a Q605 for this since it will also recognize a correctly configured 128MB stick.

--

Aloha, Ken