If the original poster is not interested, I would be. I have the exact same situation - a perfectly good LCIII with a dead HD. I had a SCSI CD drive hooked up to it, but was still unable to get it to boot. Maybe because I don't really know what I'm doing. I also have a SCSI HD that I would like to access - at least to see what is on it. Right now it is not set-up, but if anyone has any suggestions on what to do, I would appreciate it.

Also, if anyone is interested in the entire set-up, I would be happy to give it away (after I hopefully access the external drive). The only catch is that it would have to be picked up in the greater Boston area.

Vanessa