Hi John,
In a word, no. On iOS 9, with an iPhone or an iPad, you could open an email and
do a two finger swipe up. The result? The body of the message is red. In iOS
10, including with the beta before the final release, the result for the iPhone
is the same. The result for the iPad is as described in the email thatRajmund
sent. This is clear and simply a regression, and Apple should fix it as a bug,
not market down as a feature request. I too reported on this regression during
the beta cycle and after the first public release to know avail. I have
verified this behavior on three iPads, my own mini two, a friend's mini two,
and my husbands iPad Air. My friend and my husband are not regular voiceover
users, but turning on voiceover and doing the steps as outlined results in the
behavior described. This should be easy to duplicate, and they need to fix it.
I basically don't use my iPad for mail anymore because of this.

Sent from my iPhone