From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Kelly
Pierce
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2023 5:35 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: A Big Hello and General Personal Apple-Related Updates from Mark

I bought a router a few weeks ago.  I bought my old router in 2015 when I
changed Internet services.  It actually was free with the modem I purchased.
In the last year, every few days, the router would stop working and need to be
reset.  Earlier this year, my ISP increased my speed to 250 MBPS a second and
my router was not coming close to this speed.  I searched online and learned
the problem was very likely the router and not the modem.  I searched on Google
for the best router and chose the top ranked router from PC Magazine.  This was
the Asus Rt-AX86U Pro. I found my local Micro Center retailer had some in stock
and traveled over there.  I printed out the specification sheet from the Micro
Center website and handed it to the sales nerd in the router area in a brick
and mortar retail location the size of a grocery store.  None of my routers
were on the shelves.  When he looked at my paper, he exclaimed “This is a good
router!” the $269 router was so desirable by criminal shoplifters that it was
in the back of the store in a secure storage area.  He returned a few minutes
later and brought the “good router” and me to a cashier where I bought the item.

The signal is strong. The router is on the top floor of a Chicago bungalow and
the signal is strong and reliable in the basement,
backyard, and garage.   I am glad to have paid more money for a solid
and strong signal and performing product.  Yes, it can be the center of a mesh
network and guest channels are possible.  Asus has an app and Web based router
Interface that I used to set it up successfully, including choosing a network
name and password. I would strongly recommend this router for a multi person
household.

Kelly

On 7/10/23, Carolyn Arnold <2carolynarn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Same here, Mark.

>>> 180 US dollars a year. I bought my NetGear Modem/router in 2015 for

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/CAOQRLb94%2BzFwmP4_OKuNsK_chDB1mu4Y1BR_SHM5rmXq%3D%2BRxZw%40mail.gmail.com.