Yes, the OP may well need practice, but there are times on iOS7 when the
gesture simply fails. This happened again today, for the third time total, and
that is enough for me to report. So no, I have not reported it yet since I
wanted to see if it was a fluke, but I am about to do so now that it has proven
to not be a one-time oddity.