Hi All,

I am renewing an older thread entitled, "VSPX, WebDAV, UI and Windows Issues" that last had Mitko providing response on 4/24-4/25. That earlier information has proven helpful, but not yet fully sufficient.

I anticipate there may be a number of these new posts as I again try to work through the undocumented process of modifying ODS VSPX code.

First, where is a copy of the file ods_filesystem.vad? If I understand correctly, this construct allows editing of physical files outside of WebDAV. Moreover, I am curious how this construct may compare with the physical file option discussed below.

Second, where are the ODS-wide template files found, and how can more be added beyond the single default?

And, third, I have wanted to create a physical file instantiation of the ODS VSPX upon which to make modifications. I followed the general steps of using the Virtuoso Conductor UI laid out by Mitko:

1. Create a physical directory under HTTP ServerRoot that can be seen from the INI file, HTTPServer section ServerRoot setting. The line in my virtuoso.ini file is:

    ServerRoot       = ../vsp , which is found in:
    [root]\virtuoso\var\lib\virtuoso\vsp

2. Put the VSPX pages (actually, all ODS pages and directory structure under appsource) in this same physical directory (also included the subdirectories), plus I added the pages that had been under VSP

3. Create a virtual directory (VD) using the Conductor UI : 'WebDAV&HTTP' -> 'HTTP Hosts & Directories'. The requirement for the VD is pick 'localhost', add a 'New Directory', then of the three radio buttons on the next screen choose Type-File System, and then click 'Next.' That brings up a third screen, on which you set 'Physical path' to file system location created under Step #1 and "VSP User" to some user ("dba") which has SQL permissions to SQL tables and objects used in the active pages in the project.

Here is where things get weird for me.

I suspect I am missing a step or doing something wrong or not labeling a directory properly.

So, again, if my sole purpose is to have all of ODS in a physical file location for editing, how exactly do I set up that environment and then commit the result back to WebDAV?

Thank you.

Mike

PS I apologize if this is a duplicate; I sent much earlier to this list, but it never registered at SourceForge.