Hi Mitko,

Unfortunately, I have more questions:

Mitko Iliev wrote:
Hi Michael,

The ODS framework has no file system VAD package as it's user home
temples mechanism is WebDAV oriented.
However it's possible to setup the ODS to run in file system.
To do that i.e. to make appropriate virtual directories etc. you may do
the following:
* suppose ODS Framework directory structure is under :
[root]\virtuoso\var\lib\virtuoso\vsp

Are you saying I should *copy* all of the source files under appsrc under \vsp? OR just *copy* the appsrc\ODS-Framework files OR something different?

If it is just ODS-Framework, how do I get to and edit specific application files (e.g., ODS-Briefcase)?

In other words, should I not be creating a process and environment for editing and then re-deploying the entire ODS and its apps?

* a copy of <cvs>/binsrc/oat/toolkit under ODS-Framework directory as subdirectory 'ods'

would this now become:
[root]\virtuoso\var\lib\virtuoso\vsp\ODS-Framework\ods ?

* have a sql script with following content:

registry_set('_wa_path_', '/ods/');
load wa_search_procs.sql;
load wa_template.sql;
vhost_remove (lpath=>'/ods');
vhost_remove (lpath=>'/ods/images/icons');
vhost_define (lpath=>'/ods', ppath=>'/wa/', is_dav=>0, vsp_user=>'dba',
def_page=>'sfront.vspx',
    opts=>vector('xml_templates', 'yes',  '404_page','not_found.vspx'));
vhost_define (lpath=>'/ods/images/icons', ppath=>'/wa/icons', is_dav=>0);

The above will define virtual directories & setup procedure for use from
file system.
Also you can run init.sql (development script) from ODS-Framework
directory .

I don't understand. init.sql is not the same content as the sql script listed above.

I also assume that 'vhost' commands refer to WebDAV as the target.

To execute scripts, you can use the command line ISQL tool (isql.exe) e.g.
CMD> isql.exe [sql_port] dba [dba pass] [script_file_name]

Please note that in the above scripts the 'ODS-Framework' directory is
copied under HTTP root directory as 'wa' subdirectory, so if you want
another name of the copy you should change the places where 'wa' is
mentioned.

By HTTP root directory are you referring to the root virtual directory in WebDAV?

Is 'wa' mentioned only in the *.sql files, or where else?

As for putting back changes in WebDAV, just push back the changed & new
files in the ODS  original location in CVS checkout and make a vad
package for deployment.

Can you point me to documentation about making a VAD file other than http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/VAD.html (pretty complicated)?

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,