> Thanks for your recent input.
>
> Yrjänä Rankka wrote:
> [snip]
>

>>> 1.  Add new menu links
>>>
>>> 2.  Remove some of the existing ones
>>>
>>> 3.  Change menu item orders, and
>>>
>>> 4.  Modify the Discussion label.
>>>

> [snip]
>

>> If you want to change the way ODS-Bar behaves in this respect, you
>> will have to *cough* use the source. ods-bar.xsl is the place to start
>> in this case.
>>

> I don't mind coughing on occasion.
>
> Any hints on how I might do items #1, #2 and #3 above?

You would have to modify the logic in ods_bar.xsl.

XSL template vm:odsbar_applications_menu controls display of application
tabs. This is a good starting point.

You can, of course, roll your own version of the ODS bar alltogether.
Just check with each ODS application how they include that template in
their pages and make sure they're updated as well.

As indicated before you need to be careful with Virtuoso caching the XSL
templates. Probably quickest way to make sure nothing is being cached is
running Virtuoso in foreground mode (start with virtuoso -f or virtuoso
+foreground) in terminal window and giving it a SIGINT (ctrl-c) and
restart between browser refreshes. This way you can also monitor console
output: dbg_obj_print () and dbg_printf () are your friends :)

I'm looking into ways to disable the caching. I might also modify the
xslt_stale built-in function when I find time for it.

Yrjänä

--
Yrjana Rankka            | gh...@openlinksw.com
Developer, Virtuoso Team | http://www.openlinksw.com