Michael K. Bergman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The ODS main menu is based on the ods-bar framework with associated code
> based in ods_bar.vspx, ods_bar.xsl, ods-bar.css and related ones having
> to do with user instances.  ods_bar.xsl appears to be the main one.
>
> As an ODS sys admin, it is possible to change menu labels via the ODS UI
> using the Site Settings -> Application Menu dialog.  However, the
> distributed menu option 'Discussion' is not provided there, and there is
> a difference in handling apps (e.g., Briefcase) vs profile info (e.g.,
> Tags).
>
> Because the functions below are not possible via the ODS UI (or if so, I
> have not found them! :) ), I have been probing the ODS source code
> attempting to:
>
> 1.  Add new menu links
>
> 2.  Remove some of the existing ones
>
> 3.  Change menu item orders, and
>
> 4.  Modify the Discussion label.

Mike,

The ODS-Bar (what you might call "main menu") has no UI for
adding/removing links as that wasn't in its design. It task is to
contain links to user's applications (instances he has access to) and
all installed applications and links to user's application instances
are automatically added to it. It also provides shortcuts to creating
application instances.

If you want to change the way ODS-Bar behaves in this respect, you
will have to *cough* use the source. ods-bar.xsl is the place to start
in this case.

Missing UI for changing the label for Discussion app is a bona fide
bug and will be fixed.

Yrjänä