  From: B. Scott Smith
  To: Ben
  Cc: vnc-list@realvnc.com
  Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:13 AM
  Subject: Re: "The connection closed unexpectedly"

  Well, that is strange then. I assume you are running it as a service,
  and not in User mode, right?
  You should also check the Event Viewer to see if it is logging anything
  of interest when it fails.
  Once you receive the error, are you still able to enter a password each
  time, or does it stop accepting connections altogether?