Bob, I have posted several times on this topic.  Yes, Piantelli believes
that the hydrogen anion is complicit in Ni-H LENR.  He believes that the
anion on the surface of his Ni rod is absorbed into a metal grain acting as
a condensate when stimulated by a shock of various types.  The anion, thus
absorbed, enters a Ni atom as though it were a muon.  It quickly decends
the electron shells to close proximity to the nucleus, wherein something
nuclear happens.  This produces a Ni transmutation reaction branch and a
high energy (6 MeV as I recall) proton ejection branch.

The interesting thing about the hotCat and Parkhomov reactions with LiAlH4
is that the LiAlH4 dissociates and becomes LiH which is molten forms a
wetted film on the Ni powder.  LiH is an ionic hydride and that means that
the hydrogen in the liquid LiH exists as hydrogen anions.  Because the
liquid LiH is wetted to the Ni, the anions are presented directly to the
high surface area of the Ni.  This sounds like a highly desirable scenario
from a Piantelli theory point of view