From: Bob Higgins
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 12:58 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Piantelli's group gets its act together

Bob, I have posted several times on this topic.  Yes, Piantelli believes that
the hydrogen anion is complicit in Ni-H LENR.  He believes that the anion on
the surface of his Ni rod is absorbed into a metal grain acting as a condensate
when stimulated by a shock of various types.  The anion, thus absorbed, enters
a Ni atom as though it were a muon.  It quickly decends the electron shells to
close proximity to the nucleus, wherein something nuclear happens.  This
produces a Ni transmutation reaction branch and a high energy (6 MeV as I
recall) proton ejection branch.

The interesting thing about the hotCat and Parkhomov reactions with LiAlH4 is
that the LiAlH4 dissociates and becomes LiH which is molten forms a wetted film
on the Ni powder.  LiH is an ionic hydride and that means that the hydrogen in
the liquid LiH exists as hydrogen anions.  Because the liquid LiH is wetted to
the Ni, the anions are presented directly to the high surface area of the Ni.
This sounds like a highly desirable scenario from a Piantelli theory point of
view