From: Bob Higgins

Bob Cook wrote: One interesting item that Piantelli noted was important in the
90’s was the existence of a H(-1) ion.…
BH: Piantelli believes that the hydrogen anion is complicit in Ni-H LENR.  He
believes that the anion on the surface of his Ni rod is absorbed into a metal
grain acting as a condensate when stimulated by a shock of various types.  The
anion, thus absorbed, enters a Ni atom as though it were a muon.

Bob/Bob – As we have mentioned here for many years, the H anion explanation
works far better if it is merged with Mills-inspired f/H- (which is a dense but
stable negative ion, in contrast to the normal H- anion of Piantelli, which is
extraordinarily unstable).

CQM from the beginning envisions a stable anion which RM calls
hydrino-hydride™. Due to trademark issues with that term, and the fact that the
general concept works much better theoretically in the context of a single
dense state (as opposed to the 137 steps of Mills) and the fact Mills persists
in denying the nuclear origin of the gain, we find that a hybrid explanation is
called for.

We can combine Piantelli with Mills and Holmlid into the most succinct and
instructive depiction of this anion – which is a dense stable negative ion,
requiring charge neutralization (in the form of an alkali or s-block cation).
Of course, there are the expected vanity impediments in promoting such a hybrid
viewpoint. The composite explanation alienates purists in both the Mills and
LENR camps (Holmlid doesn’t even have a camp yet) and pleases mainly those who
are seeking the most accurate description, regardless of the twisted history.

Jones