Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 12:41 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: Piantelli's group gets its act together

Hi,
[snip]
However, If it could act like a muon, then it would seem possible that a molecular form of Li(+3)-Li(+3) with 5 electrons and a H(-1) binding it together may occur. In this case the H(-1) could cause a close approach of the Li-6 nuclei and potentially raise the fusion probability of 2 LI-6 going to C-12 plus a H(-1) particle, which could then bind up more Li and cause more fusions, in the same manner that muon catalyzed H fusion happens.

The Coulomb barrier is a lot lower for 6Li + H => 3He + 4He than for 6Li + 6Li
=> 12C, so the former reaction is far more likely.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk