a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Jones,
>
> You are wrong and libelous in saying Rossi was convicted of fraud. He was
> convicted of tax evasion.

Well, that seems like a minor error by Jones, not libel. Fraud is not much
worse than tax evasion. Now, if Jones had said "murder" that would be
libelous.

However, the conviction was thrown out by the courts. Rossi is no longer
guilty of anything, any more than I am. If Jones is aware of that fact then
I guess his statements are somewhat libelous, or at least uncalled for.

People who have experience doing business in Italy tell me that unfair
convictions, government corruption, and interference by the Mafia are
common. It sounds like doing business in the U.S. in the late 19th century.