Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com> wrote:

> in fact robots make the value of the worker increase, as it always have.
> It is continuous substitution of work by capital.

This cannot go on indefinitely. Sooner or later you run out of work.

> washing machine makes the value of the laundry worker be higher, as he
> exploits capital invested in a machine.

There are no laundry workers anymore! Practically no one makes a living
washing clothes.

> What you describe is the tragedy of a worker who is prevented, by
> regulation or social barriers, to exploit some capital.
> The future of the laundry worker is not to work for a laundry boss with a
> thousands of machine. It is to own a thousand of machine, like a Roman
> citizen was owning slaves.

The future of laundry is here already. We all have our own laundry
machines. The cost of the machines has fallen. No one makes a living doing
laundry anymore.

In the 1980s there was still laundry service in hotels in the U.S. and
Japan. You put your dirty clothes in a bag and the hotel charged to clean
them. Today, hotels have self-service laundry rooms with coin operated
machines. This is much cheaper for the hotel guest. It is a little more
work, like self-checkout lines at Lowe's hardware, or buying things on
Amazon.