The posit is that the root cause of the LENR reaction is that a specially
formatted magnetic field produces disruption of protons and neutrons. If
that magnetic field is made weaker by nuclear magnetic interference, then
the LENR reaction is stopped or weakened by that nuclear magnetic
interference.

It has been know for many year that even numbered atomic elements like U238
and more affected by the LENR reaction than odd numbered atomic elements
like U235. This is because the even number elements have no or a weak
magnetic moment whereas the odd numbered elements has a large magnetic
moment.

There is good reason to believe that magnetism is the prime mover in LENR.
Under this speculative paradigm, it is interesting to consider the options
and consequences of this conjecture. In such a paradigm, any technology
that is friendly to magnetism would be good for LENR, and conversely, a
technology that undercuts the strength of magnetism is bad.

The Pd/D wet technology is more unfriendly to magnetism than nickel because
it makes magnetism more difficult to maintain. Firstly as a general
technological principle, an isotope must have a nuclear spin of zero to
enable the LENR reaction. There is much experimental evidence to support
this conjecture. For an explanation see below.

In this respect, palladium has a nuclear spin profile that is about 78%
effective. 105Pd has a non-zero spin and is 22% of the isotopic contents of
run of the mill palladium.

On the other hand, Nickel is much more efficient in terms of supporting
magnetism. 61Ni has a non-zero nuclear spin, but that isotope is only 1.14%
of the isotopic content of Nickel.

Palladium is paramagnetic and Nickel is ferromagnetic. So nickel is more
desirable than palladium as a magnetic reaction catalyst.

In more detail, this thinking is underpinned by a speculative LENR reaction
rule that is interesting to explore. That rule is that the LENR reaction
might better occur among atomic ions that have zero nuclear spin. In
explanation, Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) is a physical phenomenon in
which nuclei in a magnetic field absorb and re-emit electromagnetic
radiation. This energy is at a specific resonance frequency which depends
on the strength of the magnetic field and the magnetic properties of the
isotope of the atoms; in practical applications, the frequency is similar
to old style VHF and UHF television broadcasts (60–1000 MHz). NMR allows
the observation of specific quantum mechanical magnetic properties of the
atomic nucleus.

All isotopes that contain an odd number of protons and/or of neutrons have
an intrinsic magnetic moment and angular momentum, in other words a nonzero
spin, while all nucleotides with even numbers of both have a total spin of
zero. The most commonly studied NMR active nuclei are 1H and 13C, although
nuclei from isotopes of many other elements (e.g. 2H, 6Li, 10B, 11B, 14N,
15N, 17O, 19F, 23Na, 29Si, 31P, 35Cl, 113Cd, 129Xe, 195Pt) have been
studied by high-field NMR spectroscopy as well.

It is now known that Ni61 does not participate well in the LENR reaction.
Ni61 is a NMR active isotope. When a magnetic field is applied to an NMR
active isotope, the magnetic energy imparted to the nucleus is dissipated
by induced nuclear vibrational energy which is radiated away as rf energy.
The non-zero spin of the the nucleus shields the nucleus from the external
magnetic field not allowing that field to penetrate into it. External
magnetic fields catalyze changes in the protons and neutrons in the nucleus
as well as enabling disruption in quark and gluon functions. If this
external magnetic field is shielded by NMR activity, LENR transmutation of
the protons and neutrons in the nucleus is made more difficult.

Therefore, during the course of an extended LENR reaction cycle, isotope
depletion will tend to favor the enrichment and buildup of NMR active
elements.

Both deuterium and nitrogen are known LENR poisons because of their non
zero nuclear spins.

Hydrogen with non-zero spin will not participate in the LENR reaction
whereas cooper pairs of protons will. Expect LENR reactions centered on
pairs of protons with zero spin. The function of hydrogen in LENR is to
produce Ultra dense hydrogen which is a catalyst of the LENR reaction
Hydrogen is not a good fuel for LENR..

Also, as the LENR reaction matures and more NMR active isotopes accumulate,
the LENR reactor will put out increasing levels or rf radiation derived
from the nuclear vibrations of the NMR isotope.

This NMR thinking also applies to the nature of the various isotopes of
hydrogen.

Molecular hydrogen occurs in two isomeric forms, one with its two proton
spins aligned parallel (orthohydrogen), the other with its two proton spins
aligned antiparallel (parahydrogen). At room temperature and thermal
equilibrium, hydrogen consists of approximately 75% orthohydrogen and 25%
parahydrogen.

Orthohydrogen hydrogen has non zero spin, this is bad for Ni/HLENR because
the non zero spin wastes magnetic energy by producing RF radiation.
Parahydrogen hydrogen has zero spin. This is good for Ni/H LENR because
this type of hydrogen is magnetically inactive.

This is a way to increase parahydrogen hydrogen by using a noble metal
catalyst.