In the E-Cat reactor design, Rossi was using heat to pump the LENR
reaction. When he did this, heat produces unsolvable control problems in
that meltdowns would happen snore or later. In the Qx design, he uses light
to pump the LENR reaction. Now, light goes in and heat comes out. There is
no connection between the heat input and the heat output. Stop the light
and the LENR reaction stops. Now in the QX, control is easy, The Qx is a
high intensity light. The QX is basically a HID (high intensity discharge)
light where RF drives the production of light. That HID light pumps the
LENR reaction. Stop the RF and the light pumping and LENR also stops; no
more meltdowns.

If anybody wants to produce a commercial LENR product, they must stop using
heat pumping and start using light pumping.