Why do microbs live through fusion and fission reactions during
transmutation of elements. This transmutation process can not be denied.
But no one has explained how LENR works in microbs and why these reactions
produce no detectable energy.

Fusions and also fissions of atoms occur inside the bodies of living
beings. Although very few in number, these biological transmutations
reactions involve a large number of species, from bacteria to mammals, in
several biological processes that control and are essential for the life
processes of these organisms.

Researchers began to observe atoms conservation anomalies from the
time conservation
of matter was understood before 1800. It is only from 1959 that some
researchers have understood that transmutations could explain biologic
abnormalities. Since 1975, confirmation and publication of scientific works
by Louis Kervran can be considered to have proven the existence of this
phenomenon, but in 2014, it still has no confirmed theoretical explanation.

This biological effect seems to combine:

   - a chemical reaction
   - a low-energy interaction of atomic nuclei
   - and a catalysis (specific) which favors them in a biological process.

>From 1799 to 1873 researchers asked themselves whether these transmutations
exist. From 1959 to 1972 they have been proven by more than 6,000
elementary experiments. In 2003 Jean-Paul Biberian took stock of all the
atoms involved in one bacterium. Since then some researchers have been
wondering how to use these biological transmutations to reduce pollution by
conventional radioactive waste.

A french site describe this history with many references. Some interesting
points listed here are:

   - The reactions observed in biology are based mostly on mergers and
   fissions with hydrogen, oxygen or carbon and involve at least: H, C, N, O,
   Na, Mg, Al, Si, P, S , K, Ca, Mn, Fe.
   - Many of these reactions are reversible, that is to say made also in
   the other direction by other biological processes.
   - Only certain isotopes are concerned and the products are all stable
   isotopes.
   - When these biological atomic nuclear reactions, we failed to detect
   radiation typically produced by high energy reactions (alpha, beta, gamma,
   X-rays).
   - They only use nuclear interactions called low energy.
   - They are accompanied by a variation in mass in agreement with the
   average binding energy.
   - These reactions are slow.
   - They occur in biological processes.
   - *The residual thermal effect is very small and does not interfere with
   living beings.*
   - Louis Kervran has noted these reactions following this example Mg + O:
   = Ca ([1]

<https://fr.wikiversity.org/wiki/Recherche:Transmutations_biologiques#cite_note-PreuvesBio-1>
   111)
   - They respect the principle of conservation of matter, they will
   integrate the correspondence mass-energy (E = mc2) of relativity and change
   the invariance principle becomes: In biological transmutations, the
   physico-chemical reactions retain the number of nucleons but alter the
   chemical element composition.
   - They occur perhaps in geological processes, or in a neighboring
   phenomenon called “Cold Fusion” (Cold Fusion). In these cases the
   conditions are quite different pressures and temperatures and are not
   compatible with life.

Vysotskii et al. studied the potential of bacterial transmutations for
clean up of nuclear waste.