I was surprised watching the video thinking, Oh wild, Nisian is making a
Chevy Volt.   I own a 2nd Gen Chevy Volt and must say that I love it.   It
fits my driving perfectly.  It's all electric with a gas engine backup.  It
has about a 55 mile range on electric (35mi winter).  The engine is used
for two things, running the generator and heating the car in very
cold weather.  When home, I plug it in with the 115V charger device that
plugs into a standard 3 prong outlet.  Nothing special.   It takes about
6-8 hrs for a full charge.   Most commutes for me are about 30miles so I
never see the gas engine.  Last year my TOTAL gas consumption for this car
was 1/2 of a tank regular.  Funny thing is that I really haven't noticed an
impact on my electric bill.    My only complaint is I wish I had spent a
few thousand more for the premier package with all of the electronics beeps
and buzzes.  Leather seats would have been nice too.   It's a shame it was
discontinued. For a lot of people, it was a well engineered plugin hybrid
design and a really nice car design for a poor-man's Tesla.