ROGER ANDERTON <r.j.ander...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Jed:No one in his right mind would set to sea with a massive coal bunker
> fire.
>

> Exactly hence conspiracy

Nope. You are confused. There was no massive fire. If there had been, the
whole ship would have been filled with smoke, as I said. Also carbon
monoxide, which is what you get from spontaneous combustion deep in a pile
of coal. That is what reports of other bunker fires say. If there was a
fire, it was small.

> It was massive but not that massive.

Massive enough to detect or cause damage would have been obvious to the
crew and passengers, who would have refused to board.

> Jed: The people running Fukushima were also first class. Japanese
> engineering is some of the best in the world.
>

> And they didn't think about building a bigger sea wall?

They did think of it, and it was recommended, but they did not do it. As
one engineer in Japan said: After a disaster, you can always find a
document on file recommending an improvement that would have prevented the
disaster. The problem is that if we did all recommended improvements, no
project would ever be finished and no power reactor would go online. The
tsunami was a once per thousand years event. Not the sort of thing you
would normally make a priority.