ROGER ANDERTON <r.j.ander...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> I take it that the photo is not the best so doesn't show everything; and
> heat was so bad at one time that it spread a long way.

You mean the heat magically jumped 70 feet, and then spread past two
bunkers which were not on fire. That is physically impossible.

> Well you can say that from hindsight, it would bewilder me from my
> perspective in the NOW. But at the time they would have been told the ship
> was unsinkable and whereas in other ships it might be worrying, there was
> nothing to worry about in this ship because - unsinkable unlike other ships.

No marine architect, sailor or White Star Line official believed it was
unsinkable. A few people said that to the press, and some of the passengers
may have believed it, but no one who knew about ships would ever say such a
thing. This was made clear in both the British and U.S. investigations.
Senators and others asked about this.