From: "Jed Rothwell" <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: "Vortex" <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 22 Jun, 22 At 23:38
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Bearden dead and cheniere.org gone

ROGER ANDERTON <r.j.ander...@btinternet.com <mailto:r.j.ander...@btinternet.com> > wrote:

So, you are not sure and only "think" and could be wrong.

Well, pretty sure. I can always be wrong. (I suggest you practice saying that to yourself: 'I can always be wrong.')

I would have thought the heat from the coalfire would have gone along the hull and be even was where the photo was not showing it.

It is not going to jump ~60' away from the bunker that is on fire, and then produce a 30' streak on another part of the hull while having no effect where the bunker is. The streak will not then vanish. That's preposterous.

They didn't get back from the voyage to be told off for sailing under dangerous conditions; so not out of the question that they were breaking regulations.

Sailors seldom break regulations when they know it might well kill them. A major fire that could cause a 30' streak would be life-threatening to everyone on board. It will fill the whole ship with smoke. Especially a streak that magically appears 70' away from the fire, with no streak near the fire! That would upset sailors because they tend to be superstitious. It would bewilder them. Or anyone. It should bewilder you!

Jed: Regulations back then were tight.

From my experience regulations are broken when forced to do so by those in charge; same would apply then.

I do not think you have worked in a hazardous trade such as the merchant marine. My father saw someone killed or maimed at the docks on nearly every voyage he made. He came close to being killed, and he was finally maimed, almost losing his arm. It was disfigured for the rest of his life. Sailors did not then and they do not now casually disregard regulations when there is something like a fire large enough to scorch the outside of the ship. They are not suicidal. Pilots do not casually take off when one engine will not start. Construction people building apartments do not ignore it when a wall collapses.