I found a series of books, beginning with Bangkok 8, to be quite
enlighening regarding spiritual matters.  Particularly is the Thai
Buddhist concept of Nirvana.  Nirvana is equated with zero.  Zero is
the total elimination of the self and reuniting with "The Force".  :-)

I think of it to be similar to the water cycle.  I am the rain drop
falling from the sky, an individual formed by condensation around a
mote of dust.  The individual lives but a brief life before striking
the earth whereby the mote returns to the dust and the drop makes it
way to the sea.

The drop still exists but the individual does not.  And parts
evaporate into the cloud to once again envelope the dust.

Terry