My take on BLP strategy. The publication of reports of experiments and theory lets all see the R&D, especially the patent department, a full log of reduction to practice over many years. In the companion paper "Commercializable..."you will find the approach is somewhat different from the research effects. There will be a flood of imitators and BLP has to protect its investors with strong patents. I expect some royal battles to establish patent rights.

The performance of the solid fuel is spectacular, at 50 kW and rising. Reconstituting the fuel requires only standard chemistry, but design of the automatic proces will be interesting. The process is scalable, so there will be automotive and possibly the proverbial household water heater. New design everywhere. It will take time to debug and optimize the applications.

The press release implies engagement of major construction firms to built megawatt prototypes for utilities to replace oil, coal and gas. This is perhaps a fulfillment of promises made to some of the early investors, who were/are utilities.

The world will change, mark this occasion. It is comparable to activation of the first fission nuclear reactor in Chicago.

Mike Carrell

----- Original Message ----- From: "OrionWorks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>

Jones sez:

Fair enough... not really sure why they even maintain
an elaborate site anyway. Since they are apparently
not planning an IPO nor promoting stock investment
from the public, they need only satisfy the due
diligence demands of their wealthy investors. No
problem for me.

I think you hit it on the jackpot. It would appear that BLP really
doesn't care what Joe Public thinks. They only care what their
"wealthy investors" think, and I suspect they have all signed NDAs and
are in the know. If we only had a mole!

Except that a few of us on the extreme end of anti-oil
sentiment - might put off buying a new vehicle, for
instance, if we were to be convinced that BLP, or
anyone else, had a breakthrough alternative power
source that was just a few years away.

Additional FWIW Personal Opinions:

Making a BIG assumption that BLP really is on to something big I
suspect it will be MANY MANY years before "BLP" technology trickles
down to the little folk like us. This personal assumption is based on
my respect for Mike Carrell's experience about how long it really
takes to propagate a significant "breakthrough" into the public
sector.

Grasshopper is still learning the art of patience.

So, for now go buy that plug-in Prius! Ya can't go wrong!  ;-)

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks

This Email has been scanned for all viruses by Medford Leas I.T. Department.