Mike Carrell wrote:
My take on BLP strategy. The publication of reports of experiments and theory lets all see the R&D, especially the patent department, a full log of reduction to practice over many years. In the companion paper "Commercializable..."you will find the approach is somewhat different from the research effects. There will be a flood of imitators and BLP has to protect its investors with strong patents. I expect some royal battles to establish patent rights.

The performance of the solid fuel is spectacular, at 50 kW and rising. Reconstituting the fuel requires only standard chemistry, but design of the automatic proces will be interesting.

Question from a member of the peanut gallery (who has not read the book so you can just blow me off on this on the grounds that I haven't done my homework):

Does reconstituting the fuel imply "reflating" the hydrinos? And in that case, does it require putting back the energy you got out to start with?

Alternatively, does the process generate barrels of hydrinos as "ash"?

I've felt confused about this point ever since I first read about hydrogen "deflation" catalysis as an energy source.