_____

From: Jed Rothwell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 4:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:OFF TOPIC News of the bailout

 Jed -

>> They should magically impose their will on the party if they honestly
believe it is "good for the country"
>>  and make people go along with them. (How? Waterboarding?)

<huge smile here!>

>>  Does that standard also apply to
>>  Republican leaders?

Of course.

>> How about the head of the party, Pres. Bush? He feels it is good for
Republicans
>>  and good for the country, so is it okay for 60% of his party to vote
against him? How about the
>>  party nominee, McCain? He is reportedly in favor of this measure,
although he has not actually said
>>  so, as far as I know.

Politics! Works that way both sides, and that was my way of emphasizing
that. I say if it was so great, AND so partisan, then all the Dems and the
gang of 14+whatever Republicans would have voted for it and not worried
about re-election or their voting record, constituent anger, etc.

There's so much in this, political, economic, legal & otherwise, we'll need
lots of time to see it all, have it all unravel and be exposed. It's too
many historical events too fast. These few days will be analyzed in great
detail over years to come, like one of those deep space missions where the
craft flashes past it's target but the data takes years to fully lay out and
analyze. Very scary of course, but in a detached way kind of exciting too. I
think there's some big lessons to be learned by all.