He's gonna need more Pd.  In 2008, the world consumption of all types
of power averaged 1.504 x 10^13 W.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_energy_resources_and_consumption

At 2.4 x 10^-3 g/W, he would need 3.61 x 10^10 g of Pd (plus about 2%
growth per year) or about 36,000 metric tonnes.  And he would need
really good batteries to flatten out the load.  :-)