Sorry for my error

The comment about deuterium poisoning the reaction is a comment Piantelli made
to individuals.

________________________________
From: Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net>
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Sent: Sat, January 22, 2011 6:55:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Removing All Doubt (READ HIS BLOG)

On Jan 22, 2011, at 2:06 AM, noone noone wrote:

He does not use protium. He uses ordinary hydrogen. In the cell some of it is
broken down into atomic hydrogen. That is what interacts with the nickel.

> http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=62&cpage=2#comment-273
>
>I said ‘eventually’ because it is exactly what happens. Of course you know
>that
>in English ‘eventually’ means ‘after some time’.We know exactly why and how to
>make H after the injection of H2 and know exactly how difficult is to use this
>radical before H2 recombination. This is one of the most important parts of
>our
>know how. When we use terms, in this field, we know exactly what we say. We
>not
>just made models and calculations, but we made apparatuses which are working
>from 2 years now. What we are working on is no more an ‘experimental set’, as
>you wrongly wrote,it is an apparatus which heats up a factory and of which we
>are organizing the industrialization. I understand you get fun, we don’t: we
>work on this in a factory totally dedicated to this, and we are pretty good
>at,
>as you soon will see. In our team there are Nuclear Physics University
>professors, with experience from CERN of Geneva, INFN, etc., etc.
>Your lecturing and sarcastic tone does not qualify you a lot, but we know, you
>get fun…
>About the second question, yes, the paper has been peer-reviewed.

It would be helpful if you could designate in some way which material is quoted
and which is yours.  I looked at the above reference and found this:

Begin quote:
        * Andrea Rossi
        * April 29th, 2010 at 9:46 AM
[...]
Get fun, ‘MR BROWN’, and let your sun smile for ever.
A.R.
p.s. Now, after your lecturing, I want to put you some questions:
1- Who are you? D.Brown is a fake name, so you approached us unonimously, which
is not fair, is it? But I know: it’s fun..
2- which is your profession? What do you do, besides cozy smiling suns?- - - -
-
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
end quote.

This material you quote says nothing about protium vs deuterium.   Protium is
an
isotope of hydrogen, whether it is in molecular form or not.  It is designated
1H1, while deuterium is designated 1H2,  or D.  The deuterium ion is designated
d, but I have avoided that lower case use because I use d for the down quark.

Deuterium is an isotope of hydrogen, whether it is in molecular form or not.
 Same goes for absorbed into a lattice or not.   "Ordinary" hydrogen is a mix
of
protium and deuterium.  The natural abundance of deuterium is about 0.015%.
Ordinary hydrogen is mostly H2, but occasionally (again about 0.015%) it is HD,
and rarely (2.25 x 10^-8 %) DD.

Somewhere I read that Rossi said deuterium poisons the reaction, so he uses
pure
protium.  Perhaps he did, perhaps it is just my bad memory, perhaps just an
unfounded rumor.   It sounded weird to me because pure protium is hard to come
by.  I'm not going to spend any time looking this up though. I did state: "If I
recall correctly, Rossi stated that deuterium kills the reaction, and that he
uses pure protium."  Perhaps someone here is familiar with this statement by
Rossi.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/