Here is the theory that you are rejecting laid out in detail from Miley

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/STAFF/VISITING_FELLOWS&PROFESSORS/pdf/MagicQuarkTucson1.pdf

"*Boltzmann Equilibrium of Endothermic Heavy Nuclear Synthesis in the
Universe and a Quark Relation to the Magic Numbers ***"

It is not Axil's theory, but one produced by Mille that I think most fits
the facts.