Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Hot water and winter heating consume vast amounts of coal, the dirtiest
> fuel - so even if this baby does not work on a steam cycle . . .

Previous results with Ni-H and Pd - gas loading D show that high
temperatures can be reached. That will not be a problem.

Even if it were a problem, there are many other promising high temperature
cold fusion techniques, such proton conductors. If the Rossi device is sold,
surely everyone will realize that cold fusion exists, and people will do
intense research on proton conductors. Rapid progress will be made on this
and all other forms of cold fusion. In the end, Ni-H may predominate, but
all other types will be developed for a while. This is what happened with
semiconductors, in which different materials such as Ga, and various
configurations were tested, and even sold for a while, before we settled on
Si.