From: Terry Blanton [mailto:hohlr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:37 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]: Why are the electric and magnetic fields perpendicular?

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Mark Iverson <zeropo...@charter.net> wrote:
> I think any theory should have to explain the simple observations
> first before delving down into more difficult and esoteric aspects of physics.

You sound more like a philosopher now.  I know it's cliché but, the more I
learn, the more I see how
little I know.  It took me two years to grasp the meaning of mechanical torque
only to find out that
it really does not exist.

All of our explanations are based on models and our models are not perfect.
Can you imagine a body
that must go through 720 degrees of rotation to return to its starting
orientation?  I'm beginning
to come close.

The real answer to your questions is "We don't really know."  But, we have
useful tools with our
models!

Terry