Robin beat me to the punch... I was changing spark-plugs and serpentine belts
on my car!

Robin hits the nail on the head... Anything mathematical is the MODEL, and is
supposed to reflect
physical reality.  My question was about the physical world -- what I was
asking got was a rational,
qualitative, cause and effect sort of explanation.

As Robin stated, twice now, and I'll state it a third time,
"The perpendicular nature of E and B fields existed PRIOR to Maxwell, or even
cavemen, or even life
on this planet!"

I'm afraid that this reflects very poorly on JC's understanding of what is more
fundamental, the
experiment (physical reality, facts) or model (theory).  JC has shown a great
ability to regurgitate
what he has read in his textbooks, in great detail, but his responses to this
simple question seems
to indicate that he hasn't any idea of the difference between physical reality
and the mathematical
models that attempt to explain what is observed.

Care to put your horse before the cart this time and give it another stab,
Joshua?
And you'd better not have any mathematical jargon in your answer...

PS: I mean, stab at explaining perpendicularity of E and B fields, not stab
your horse!
:-)

-Mark