I suppose we are all somewhere on the conservative/crank spectrum. I think
physics is a difficult place for novel thought because the current models are
so excellent. Yet mysteries do remain. However I didn't know that Cooper pairs
was one of them.

But I see the difficulty in our communication. I take epistemic issue with the
idea that there can be a mathematical model without true understanding. If we
have a model, it behooves us to twist our minds into understanding that! There
is no understanding but the use of a valid model.

Math is the language of physics, and there is no better comprehension of
physical reality but through it. There is no other language in which to depict
those models! It is not an afterthought bolted on later.

Sent from my iPhone.