On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Mark Iverson <zeropo...@charter.net>wrote:

>  John:
>
> Let me ask a few questions so I can better understand what you're
> proposing...
>
> What is your interpretation of the magnetic moment present in all elementary
> particles where electrical currents don't even come into play?
>

> Of course atoms can be affected by a magnetic field... this is the basis
> upon which NMR works!!!

Ok, so are these effected atoms composed of charges?
Are these charges moving? (spinning, orbiting or flying through a cloud
chamber?

>  There is no electrical current in a permanent magnet, yet, they generate
> a magnetic field

Are you saying they generate the magnetic field without movement of the
charges that make up the atom?

> ... and other things (ferrous metals and other magnets) definitely are
> affected (i.e., have a force exerted upon them) by that mag-field. So I
> guess I'm at a loss to see how you can say that there is no such thing as a
> real physical magnetic field -- that's its only an illusion.

I think I have covered it above, these things work just like the electrons
moving in the wire, electrons orbit, they may spin, the nucleus can spin
too.

 -Mark