At 01:39 PM 8/9/2011, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Jouni Valkonen <<mailto:jounivalko...@gmail.com>jounivalko...@gmail.com> wrote:

When Galantini observed the test, they had large version of E-Cat that
can store large quantities, perhaps several liters of water, before it
starts overflowing.

When I am cooking, I can stop a pot from boiling dry whether it is large or small. It is not difficult at all.

Jed, if you could not see the boiling, how could you judge the level?

This also means that ictu oculi is very unreliable
way to make reliable confirmation.

He withdrew the probe and looked at it. It was dry. It would wet if there was water flowing through the machine.

How do you know this? Have you considered the nature of the thermometer port, do you know how it is constructed. And what would the temperature of the thermometer be? Wouldn't it be above ambient boiling. When the pressure is relieved for any water on the surface of the thermometer, my expecation would be that it would immediately vaporize.

 This is very reliable; anyone can see if an object is wet or dry.

Sure. By the time he looked at it, it was dry. Jed, you have the imagination of a slug.

Am I certain that I'm right about a thermometer like that? Of course not! But it's what I'd expect. I'll try something tomorrow and tell you about it.

I'm worried about the thermometer port. Pulling the thermometer out while the E-cat was running lots of steam, if it doesn't have some way of closing itself, would very possibly scald the one pulling the thermometer out. Nobody has reported steam coming out of the thermometer port. I think it collapses, closes, when the thermometer is withdrawn. I was worried that if there were overflow water, it might come out that port. But apparently it, and steam, don't.