At 08:20 PM 8/17/2011, Harry Veeder wrote:
From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <[email protected]

Actually, that's not correct. Lewan apparently said that he noticed the same behavior with the sound each time he went to look at the steam outlet. >

Where did he say that? That is news to me. I am not even aware of Lewan commenting on the scene in his own video where he catches Rossi fiddling with the power controller. I have found Lewan's apparent silence on this matter puzzling.

It's hard to keep up, isn't it?

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/37/3740appendix35.shtml

Krivit asked Lewan, and reports this:

The video contains a mystery that I have been unable to solve. When Lewan walks away from Rossi and his device into the adjacent room, we are expecting to see steam exiting from the end of the black hose.

Supposedly, Rossi is running his device at normal, steady input and output. But there is no audible or visible evidence of steam when Lewan arrives at the bucket with the hose.

If the hose was submerged in the water when Lewan approached, why do we hear no bubbling from the water and see no surface disturbance or bubbling as Lewan approaches? Additionally, why are there still no noticeable effects even when Lewan moves down to the bucket with his camera? The effects appear to begin only moments after Lewan moves in closer.

But what if the hose was not submerged in the water when Lewan approached? Why is there no visible steam as Lewan approaches?

I asked Lewan whether he could clearly explain this anomaly; he could not. However, he wrote that he observed this same sequence each time he approached the bucket with the end of the hose.

"Good question," Lewan wrote. "This was repeated every time I lifted the hose out of the water.

"I think the explanation could be that the end of the hose was at a greater depth when I approached it – about 10 cm – whereas when I left, it was down in the water just slightly below the surface."

Lewan's video, however, seems to show the reverse: The hose was deeper when he moved away than when he approached. I have made a video review of the events and made multiple freeze-frames at various points. Perhaps readers might be able to solve this.

Krivit certainly knows what his edited video looks like. It's obvious.

And what it looks like to me is that Lewan noticed the suspicious Rossi activity, so he immediately went to the power meter to check the power. It was the same as before, so he assumed, my guess, that nothing had happened. It may not have occurred to him that Rossi may have been *restoring* the original power, not raising it at that point, he was actually lowering it back.

Lewan is clearly trying to make up possible explanations that will exonerate Rossi. That's fine, if they are presented as possibilities. But he fails in his work as an investigative reporter if he doesn't consider *all* the possible explanations.

Nothing wrong with failure, per se. You can't fail if you don't try. "Failure" is something that happens only with those who try, and Lewan was courageous to try. But I do think he could productively be more open now.

Reply via email to