The NASA calculations seem to have no validity. It dosen't seem possible to pin
down the quality. There is not enough information to do so.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jed Rothwell
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Answering Krivit #3: eCat steam quality must be above 75%
(above 4300 Watts)

  Alan J Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

    If you mean my numbers -- Given 75% dry I just read off the wattage on the
Nasa diagram. Steam quality on the T-h diagram is linear between points B and
C. I grew up with REAL instruments, where one learns to read a scale to about
5% accuracy between tick marks.

  Amen!

  People are obsessed with meaningless extra decimal digits of precision these
days. After electronic calculators were invented, my mother said it is a shame
people don't learn to use slide rules anymore, because they don't realize that
3 digits of precision is fine for just about any purpose.

  Granted there were many over-engineered dams and airplanes  in the old days,
because engineers depended on slide rules and could not risk cutting it close.