Harry Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com> wrote:

Plausible deniability is the 'modus operandi' of the zealous skeptic.

Ah, but this is *im*plausible deniability. Santostasi will not believe it
until "every amateur enthusiast" can reproduce the effect. That is a novel
standard! I think he made it up on the spur of the moment as a way to
dismiss cold fusion. I doubt he would apply it to other claims.

Maybe he would. Maybe he will not believe that Boeing 747 airplanes can fly
until every amateur enthusiast gets a chance to pilot one, and he will not
believe people went to the moon until every amateur enthusiast gets a
chance to fly an Apollo rocket.