  From: Robert Leguillon
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 2:03 PM
  Subject: RE: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:20 kW home E-Cat LCOE

  If LENR reactions are sufficiently branded as "dangerous", they could easily
be banned from personal use.  We cannot legally build a homemade fission
reactor (even removing Americium from smoke detectors is regulated by the US
Nuclear Regulatory Commission). Likewise, activities involving neutron emission
from a metal lattice could be banned in kind. Sure, it wouldn't serve to stop
some "backyard fusioneers" from home development, but it could preclude
mainstream distribution.

  Whether you call it health-and-welfare or you raise the curtain of "national
security", it would be easy to assign it to a regulatory body.
  Public utilities would then be the only candidates for proper licensing, and
could retrofit existing plants with LENR technology.  They would quickly be
mandated to make the changeover, for the environment's sake (just like banning
incandescent bulbs and switching to CFLs).  As the changeover occurs, they
could even ask for an INCREASE in utility rates to absorb equipment costs.
  After the public utilities are providing nearly 100% of domestic electricity,
hybrid/electric cars may be the next mandate by the green lobby.  As any
competing energy sources fall like dominoes, the sole energy source remaining
will be government-electricity.

  Though viable LENR could be used to free and unshackle, it could also be used
as a method to unify human needs into further reliance on a centralized
governance.