Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No radioactivity at all has ever been found in any other than the very
> first Rossi experiment and it has been looked for each time.

There are several problems with this:

1. Only a few tests of Rossi reactor have been done. We need thousands of
hours in hundreds of labs before we can rule the possibility of dangerous
radiation.

2. A burst of radiation reportedly occurs when the reaction is started or
stopped. Therefore the reaction must be started and stopped thousands of
times automatically with instruments in place.

3. The reactor is shielded. There may be radiation but it has not been
measured. We need to be sure shielding is adequate. The first step is to
remove it and find out exactly how much radiation a given level of power
produces, assuming there is a correlation.

4. We need a comprehensive theory to explain the radiation so that we can
predict how much radiation there will be under any circumstances, including
extreme ones such as overheated reactors.

5. Rossi himself does not know much about radiation. Some radiation experts
have looked at this but we need many more to look at it.

  If it's not there at all, you don't need animal experiments!

Obviously. But we should do them anyway. You never know whether something
else might be causing a problem. For example, cell phones may to cause
biological damage. This might be caused by radiation but it might be caused
by holding a warm object next to your head for several hours a day. Biology
is the most complex phenomenon in the known universe. In some ways, it is
barely understood, and it cannot be predicted in detail. The only way to
ensure there are no biological hazards from a novel and unknown source of
energy is to do actual tests with living plants and animals.

>    The cause of the first burst in Rossi's experiment is suspected by some
> of being some sort of "plant" (deliberate placement and brief exposure of a
> radioactive source to deceive) and/or artifact.

That is nonsense and it is irrelevant. It makes no difference what Rossi
has discovered or not discovered, or tested for or not tested for. The work
is barely begun. This reactor must be tested extensively by thousands of
experts worldwide, in many different institutions such as UL. I think it
would be lunacy to allow the introduction of this technology before that
happens, for any purpose, at any level, even centralized reactors.

As to what is politically expedient for Levi, he'd better think of
> something.  I suspect his career at U of Bologna is going to be curtailed
> some time soon unless Rossi coughs up some miracle such as $500K and a
> device to test.

On what do you base this suspicion? I doubt that you know anything about
the situation. Generally speaking, your suspicions seem to be misplaced.
Your assertions about other people, institutions, history and experimental
results in this field are wildly inaccurate. You are chock full
misinformation and confusion. I suggest you try reading something about
these subjects before commenting on them.